The International Beirut Energy Forum is one of the most reputable and professional energy events in the Middle East speciﬁcally dedicated to sustainable energy issues and projects.
IBEF is by far the biggest forum in Lebanon attracting key energy people from Lebanon, the Arab World, and the international community. The event is the main yearly platform to discuss all topics related to renewable energy, energy efﬁciency, and green buildings.
Held on a yearly basis since 2010, the event attracted more than 1200 delegates in the eighth edition of 2017, imposing itself as the leading yearly gathering of energy professionals of the Arab World. In 2018, The International Beirut Energy Forum will be held from 26 to 28 September 2018, and is expected to attract more than 1,500 delegates.
Organized by MCE Group, The International Beirut Energy Forum receives the support and participation of a large number of key players in the energy sector. The main supporters of the event are the League of Arab States (LAS), the European Union (EU), the Central Bank of Lebanon (BDL), the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), the Regional Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efﬁciency (RCREEE), and the Order of Engineers and Architects in Beirut (OEA), in collaboration with the ASHRAE Lebanon Chapter, the Lebanese Solar Energy Society, the Lebanon Green Building Council (LGBC). The Lebanese Center for Energy Conservation (LCEC) is the strategic partner of the event. Since 2013, Beirut Energy Forum has also become the main event of the Lebanon Committee of the World Energy Council (WEC).
- LEAGUE OF ARAB STATES www.lasportal.org
- WORLD ENERGY COUNCIL (WEC) www.lcec.org.lb/en/WEC/AboutUs
- LEBANESE CENTER FOR ENERGY CONSERVATION (LCEC) www.lcec.org.lb
- REGIONAL CENTER FOR RENEWABLE ENERGY AND ENERGY EFFICIENCY (RCREEE) www.rcreee.org
- CENTRAL BANK OF LEBANON (BDL) www.bdl.gov.lb
Growth of IBEF 2010-2017
IBEF has witnessed a noticeable growth over the previous years which demonstrates the importance acquired by the event on all levels as a distinguished platform of communication between all the stakeholders in the Energy and Renewable energy fields in Lebanon and the region.
* Lebanon ofﬁcially receives the presidency of the Council of Trustees of the Regional Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efﬁciency (RCREEE) for the year 2017. The Center includes 17 Arab countries based in Cairo.
* Mr. Pierre Khoury LCEC General Director representing Lebanon in the 12th Arab Ministerial Council for Electricity- League of Arab States- Cairo.
* Following the call to the private sector to submit Expression of Interests (EOI’s) to build solar photovoltaic plants in Lebanon, the Ministry of Energy and Water received a large number of interested bidders. The Lebanese Center for Energy Conservation (LCEC) is proud to announce that 265 project proposals are registered at the Ministry of Energy and Water with an overall proposed capacity reaching 3,500 MW! The proposals include companies from around 28 different countries, with Lebanese companies leading the way, followed by companies from Italy, Spain, France, and USA. The list also includes companies from different Arab countries (namely UAE, Jordan, KSA, and Egypt) as well as neighboring countries like Cyprus, Turkey, and Greece. The project proposals are also fairly distributed among the Lebanese districts: 34% in Bekaa and Hermel, 25% in South and Nabatieh, 21% in North and Akkar, and 16% in Mount Lebanon. The full list of interested bidders can be found online: http://bit.ly/2ncnvp8.